Wednesday, June 10, 2009

10 days of Missing my Wife: Day 6

Dear Nelita:

I wish I was with you.

I can vividly recall what you must be doing right now. I know you have just gotten out of the shower. Your hair is damp and you are blow-drying it in the mirror.

Sammy is laying at the bathroom door, his head resting on his paws as he watches you. All he wants is a good scratch.

You're going into our bedroom and standing at the dresser, picking out what you will wear to sleep in. Perhaps you will choose one of my shirts.

As you are getting ready to crawl in to the bed, you see a paint chip peeling on the wall and you must pull it, which pulls off the skim coat and leaves a gaping hole which you know I would scold you over, so you make the cute little "sorry, I had to do it" face.

You crawl between the sheets, read for a while, and I hope talk to me on the phone. I am excited to talk to you. I love you.

Sincerely,

David Crawford
husband

No comments: